My Heritage Part 1


If you couldn't tell from the title, this post is going to be a two parter. 
I've always been interested in DNA tests and I've decided to finally do one. 
I'm going to be using 23andMe since that's the one my friend recommended to me. 
Anyways, this first part is going to be devoted to my ancestry I'm aware of now.

First, I'm going to go over my birth father's side since I know less about him.
All I know is that my grandfather was predominantly Mexican and my grandmother was full on Irish.
We're talking, her and her ancestors being there for centuries. 
This is the side where if something really weird pops up, I'll figure it's from here. 


Now on my mother's side, I know a bit more.
My grandmother's parents came from Mexico and they had ties to indigenous Mexicans, so that's pretty cut and dry.
My grandfather came over with his family from Cuba around age 11. However, his own grandparents weren't from there. 
His father's parents were from Lebanon and his mother's family was from the Canary Islands and Spain.
(I'm pretty sure the Canary Islands are a part of Spain, but my grandfather made the distinction)

Honestly, I don't expect too much of a surprise with this, but I still want to do it.
I'll come back to this whenever I get the results.
Love you all and adios!
*not my images

Comments