So I Did Someone's Makeup...

Yes, you heard me. 
Someone trusted me with this.
Katlyn, my friend, trusted me to do this, and not only that, encouraged it.

Here's some basic history: 
I have never used makeup on myself besides a disastrous attempt at putting on lipstick once.
I definitely have never put makeup on anyone else.
Katlyn uses makeup on a near daily basis. 
Her entire desk, which showcases all of her makeup, is a scary place for me. 
I don't understand any of it in the slightest.
When my mother called me minutes before this, and we told her what I was doing, she did the Sign of the Cross on Katlyn's behalf.

Now, the rules:
She did give me the order in which to apply things and a basic explanation of how to apply each, but they mostly resulted in me being more confused and this was only after I literally looked for directions on the first thing she handed me.
She also wasn't allowed to look at herself for the entire thing nor had any say in color choices.


Here is the before so here we go! 


Foundation Stuff:

*hands me a color corrector* 
"So do you know what this does?"
"Sure..."
"...What are you doing?"
"Seeing if there's directions on this thing..." 

"So just dab it on"
"Oh, I love things that dab"

"Don't put too much on. This is expensive"
"...I'm gonna let you do that"

"This is a view of your nose that I never wanted..."

"I gotta be honest, I see literally no difference here..."

"Now do my eyebrows"
"Do what?"
"Color them in with this and then brush it with this"
"...Why?"

"Not like that, like this"
"I literally saw no difference..."

Eyeshadow aka I had fun:

"Amelia, what color should I do?"
"Green!"
"Nah, too normal for her. How about orange? Nah, too natural looking... 
I know, bright blue!"

"Why isn't it spreading well?"
"That's what the other brush is for..."
"Why?"

"Not gonna lie... your left side is gonna look so much better..."

"So for the top part, you can use this other blue as well..."
"No, let's do something weird! Where's your red?"
"God bless America!" 
(she says this instead of Oh no) 
"Oh, that's a good idea!"
"Oh Lord..."

"You know what, maybe I'll find a future career out of this! Started from rock bottom, and what do you know, I'm still there..."

"I'll do white on the top instead with red lips."
"I don't have white"
"Fine... Elsa it is..."

"Close your eyes! Don't see the colors I'm mixing in!"
...
"That was purple, wasn't it?"
"Shut up!"

"Not gonna lie... you're kinda giving me Elsa vibes..."

"Amelia, what do you think?"
...
"Shut up, it's fine! Go back to dancing..."

"Gonna be honest, I'm not exactly going for subtle..."
"When, in your life, have you ever been subtle?"
"When I'm lying like when I say this is going great..."

Eyeliner aka a trust exercise:

"So now you do the eyeliner..."
...
"...I'm scared..."
"Shush, Katlyn! It'll be fine"

"What color do you want?"
"Black"
"Here's a dark blue..."
"Did I stutter?"

"So just follow the line of my eyelid, okay?"
"Gotta be honest, I've never been good at outlining things, but here we go!"

"Do you wanna do the bottom of my eye?"
"Sure, in purple"
"Okay... here you go. Actually no, I need to sharpen this"
"Nah, I got this!"
"...What are you doing?"
"Shush, I'm attempting that cat eye thingy..."

"Uhhh...."
"What'd you do?"
"Well one line is going to the side while the other is slanting up..."
"Just wipe it off..."
"Shut up. Close your eyes, I got this..."

"I need the black again"
"...What are you doing?"
"I'm bored so I'm putting some dots."

Mascara and Contour:

"Time for the mascara!"
"Oh no..."
"No backing out now, I'm doing this!"

"Do I shake this?"
"No"
"Welp, I just did..."

"I can't do this... Amelia's dancing is distracting me..."
(Amelia was playing Just Dance during this)
"Well, we'll wait till she's done with this song then"

"Shit, that's scary..."
"Yep"

"Dude, I got sooo much on your face..."
"Use the concealer"
...
"That's not working very well..."
"Go get a makeup wipe..."

"Want me to do the bottom lashes?"
"...How about no?"

"Now for the hard part..."
"Lips?!"
"No, contour..."
"Oh, that's easy... I've seen people who suck at makeup do contour..."

"Now brush it along this side."
"Did you put some product on already?"
"Yes, now put some more on for the other side..."
"Oh shit, that was a lot..."
"It's fine, just blend it"
"Well, the left side of your face definitely looks contoured..."

"Now, blush"
"...I don't see much difference?"
"It's fine... I don't usually use it anyway"
"Then why-?"

Lips:

"Okay, choose the lip color"
"Ooh, the fun part!"
...
"This may take a while..."

"Yeah, I definitely settled on that winter theme..."

"So how do I do this exactly?"
"Just color them in..."
"Gotta be honest, coloring in the lines has never been something I was in to..."

"Well, the top lip looks fine..."
...
"Nope spoke too soon..."
"Well-"
"Shush, I'm gonna try and make it look natural..."

"Will you wear this to dinner?"
"...Yes..."
"Aw, that's so sweet. You don't actually have to"

"Okay, the bottom lip is just completely screwed..."

"You look like an ice skater Barbie doll..."


All done!
She was very hesitant to see it, mostly due to the fact I was laughing the entire time. However, when she finally saw it, all she did was repeat how proud of me she was. Admittedly, it could have gone much worse.
Here's a link to Katlyn's blog to see her post about this:

This Friday, I'll be back with more phobias and mythology stuff.
Love you all and adios!
*first and last are not my images

Comments